FaogenBatch is a command-line utility for automating process of ambient occlusion baking. It is just a small C# application, which calls into generator.dll library to perform generation. Full source code for FaogenBatch is available.
- -i input filename. Can appear multiple times for mergeing objects from multiple files into one scene.
- -o output filename. If missed only generated textures are saved.
- -only define only-substring. Objects which names contain this substring will the only ones to be included for AO generation. Can appear multiple times.
- -skip define skip-substring. Objects which names contain this substring will be excluded from AO generation. Can appear multiple times.
- -depthsize size of the depth map used in AO generation. See DepthMapSize in Generator.
- -zoff amount of geometry depth offset to avoid aliasing artifacts. See DepthOffset in Generator.
- -overbright constant used to scale calculated AO. See Overbright in Generator.
- -cos turn CosineMode on. This is default mode. See CosineMode in Generator.
- -no_cos turn CosineMode off. See CosineMode in Generator.
- -hemiY turn Hemisphere mode on. Y axis is UP. See Hemisphere in Generator.
- -hemiZ turn Hemisphere mode on. Z axis is UP. See Hemisphere in Generator.
- -q quality. controls number of iterations. See Quality in Generator.
- -width width of generated AO texture. See Width in AO Texture.
- -height height of generated AO texture. See Height in AO Texture.
- -eflood maximum distance of edge flood post processing. See EdgeFlood in AO Texture.
- -fao use saved object options preset from file. See Save and Load Preset in Object Options.
faogenbatch.exe -i i1.obj -i i2.obj -o o.obj -q 30 -width 1024 -height 1024
faogenbatch.exe -i i1.obj -i i2.obj -o o.obj -fao mypreset.fao
Generated on Mon Jun 12 18:29:19 2006 for Faogen manual by