No Ambient Occlusion, object will work only as occludder for other objects
Per-vertex Ambient Occlusion Mode
Texture Ambient Occlusion Mode, available only for objects with texture coordinates
Save current object options as preset
This section available only if texture AO generation is selected
Load and apply object options preset for selection
Ambient occlusion calculation process options.
- Width - width of the AO map to be generated.
- Height - height of the AO map to be generated. Maximum size of result AO map is limited by available videocard memory. Faogen uses 2 RGBA textures with 32-bit floating point format, size of each pixel of such texture is 16 bytes. So if we calculate amount of memory used for 2048x2048 case we get 128 Megabytes (2048*2048*16*2). Apart from those textures there is also depth map texture and memory which video card uses for storing geometry and screen framebuffer.
- EdgeFlood - maximum distance of "edge flood" post processing. Used to prevent "bleeding" of background pixels on the UV edges of generated map. In some texture-baking programs this parameter called "Edge Padding".
This section provides information about selected object and contains no editable fields.
- DepthMapSize - size of the depth map used in AO generation. Faogen uses hardware shadow mapping to compute AO data and increasing depth map size will produce better results at the cost of computation time.
- DepthOffset - amount of geometry depth offset to avoid aliasing artifacts. If this value is too small result texture will have lighter lines along convex edges and dark along concave. In this case you should increase DepthOffset to fix it:
DepthOffset is too small
- Overbright - constant used to scale calculated AO.
- CosineMode - faogen has two modes of AO calculation: "Cosine" mode, with which ambient occlusion is weighted by cosine of angle between surface normal and sample direction, and "Non-Cosine", which produces just occlusion value. In most cases "Cosine" mode gives more natural results. See the difference on those images:
CosineMode = True
CosineMode = False
- Hemisphere - use only top hemisphere for calculation. This option can be used to simulate lighting from sky.
- Quality - this parameter controls number of iterations.
- Iterations - number of iterations, calculated as Quality2 * 10 + 2.
- Name - name of the object.
- HasTexcoords - indicate whether object has texture coordinates or not. Texture ambient occlusion mode available only for objects with texture coordinates.
- Vertices - number of vertices in selected object.
- Faces - number of faces (polygons) in selected object.
- Triangles - number of trinagles in selected object.
- Dimensions - object size.
Starting from version 1.5 Faogen saves current scene object options in special hidden file with ".faogen" extension. Then scene will be opened next time this file is used to set options to values from prevoius session.
Generated on Mon Jun 12 18:29:19 2006 for Faogen manual by